Learn British Sign language Level 2
This qualification is designed to enable learners to develop their skills to communicate with Deaf people using British Sign Language (BSL) in a range of everyday situations. The qualification will allow learners to participate in longer and more varied conversations than at Level 1. The course will develop communication in BSL about real life, routine, and daily experiences. The learner will be able to deal with most routine communication and have enough understanding of grammar to cope with some non-routine communication. Learners should be taught a number of regional variations in sign language. The specification has been designed to be consistent with the National Language Standards at Level 2.
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which can be achieved separately. The units can be done in any order at any time but it is recommended that the content of Unit BSL 201 is covered before Unit BSL 202 or BSL 203. To achieve the full Level 2 Certificate in British Sign Language, candidates are required to achieve all units.
Level 2 Certificate in British Sign Language is suitable for those who:
- wish to achieve language skills at an intermediate level to improve communication with Deaf people
- are Deaf and wish to gain a qualification in their native language
- are family, friends and colleagues of Deaf people
- want to progress from Level 1 study in BSL, and who may want to progress to more advanced levels of study in BSL at a later date
- are studying for personal development
Click below using PDF format for course content;